Thursday, April 18, 2013

Twentieth Link Year Recap 4/16-4/18

Guys this is really crazy to think about but Link Year is super close to being over. I know I mentioned that in last weeks blog post...but guess what? It's been another week so that means it is closer to being over. Crazy to think another week gone by means it's closer to being over, hard to follow concept I know, but just try. Anyway, it is a bittersweet thought for me. I have greatly enjoyed my time here at Link Year so much but am ready to see what this summer and then fall has for me. But enough of this sad talk, let's get to the talking of this week. We had Joe White come in and talk to us on Tuesday while Wednesday and Thursday was Tim Watson who is a counselor. Biblical Counselor specifically. Joe was really great and Tim had some really sound advice to give. Here are some things that stood out or I learned!

Joe White recited all of Ephesians to us...while dressed up like Paul. He did it sorta in a theatre type way, making it really interesting to listen to. This was a huge motivation for me. All of Ephesians he just said out for us! Why have I not buckled down and meditated on God's word like that? So that is a goal of mine now, to meditate on God's word so much better that it will just become an outflowing from my mouth.

Joe kind of gave us an outline of what each chapter of Ephesians is talking about. Chapter one is about "being chosen", "redemption", and "pledge" for the most part. Chapter two was about "grace" and "workmanship". Chapter three was just one thing, "mystery". Chapter four gave us a large five. "One", "gift", "lay aside", "put on", and "grieve". Chapter five had just one with, "filled". Finally chapter six had, once again, "put on".

Joe made a really valid a great talk about putting on and laying aside. What in my life can I lay aside and then replace by putting on something? He had us draw a line down the middle of a sheet of paper and then write "Put off/Take off" on one side with, "Put on" on the other side. He then challenged us to go through and write down things we wanted to put off and then put on. This seems like a really good and practical exercise to do so I look forward to that.

Tim talked about how the Master and Mission of our hearts is the factor that determines what we will do as well as why and how we do it. Also how the things we want the most and the things we fear the most are the things that control us. These are both really good things and I know I need to check myself daily on what I want and fear the most. I need to have God in control of my life, not other things.

That's it for this week everyone! This year is going by so quickly but I look forward to these last few days with everyone, weird to think this is my second to last Link Year Recap blog. I'll have to get used to that fact. See you guys next week though for my last one, later.


No comments:

Post a Comment